Contact The Customer Service Centre
with your service requests and inquiries
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
After hours, weekends & emergencies:
contact Protective Services 966-5555
Have a zone question?
Call your Zone Customer Service Agent directly
|Zone 1 - Sonia Bayda||966-3291|
|Zone 2 - Kristie Tempel-Briske||966-3292|
|Zone 3 - Cheryle Burback||966-3293|
|Zone 4 - Joyce Armstrong||966-3294|
|Zone 5 - Laine Nimmo||966-3295|
|Zone 6 - Jackie Nixey||966-3296|
The Millwright Shop is comprised of licensed Red Seal Industrial Mechanics, mechanical maintenance technicians and a supervisor. Together they are responsible for the service and repair of most of the mechanically and hydraulically driven equipment associated with major building systems including heating, air handling, sewage and ground water . The shop also provides service to special building functions such as mechanically operated curtains, basketball operators, swimming pool equipment and ice rink brine pumps. Emphasis is put on preventive routines and inspections, predictive testing and analysis, adjustments and alignments, and planned equipment overhaul and replacement in order to maximize reliability and improve customer service.
Following is a list of services they provide:
- Service and repair equipment such as motors, fans , pumps, mechanical and hydraulic drives, air compressors, vacuum systems, sewage lift stations, sump pumps, dust collectors, evaporative coolers, and dust collectors.
- Coordinate work with the Customer Service Centre, building contacts, and other FMD trades staff, including reporting and supervising service disruptions for equipment maintained by Millwirght Shop.
- Respond to customer related requests as directed through the Customer Service Centre
- Apply routine inspection of building system components including the use of diagnostic equipment.
- Apply routine maintenance through proper lubrication, drive belt and pulley change/adjustment/alignment, air filter replacement, heating and cooling coil and air vane and duct cleaning.
- Perform precision mechanical drive alignment, vibration analysis and thermography to ensure maximum equipment performance and energy efficiency, increased reliability, and to predict failure.
- Perform major equipment overhaul and replacement with an emphasis on restoring capacity to original or better performance standards and to reduce long term operating costs
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems and faults with building system operation such as failed supply and exhaust air systems, filter pumps, and drive systems.