How Do I...?

Was this page helpful for you?

Did you find the information you wanted on this visit? Your feedback will help guide improvements to our website.

Contact The Customer Service Centre

with your service requests and inquiries

work control

Phone: 966-4496
Fax:     966-4080

Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. –  12:00 p.m.
12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

After hours, weekends & emergencies:
contact Protective Services 966-5555

This page has been created to provide step by step answers to commonly asked questions.

Check status of my request?

If you have submitted your request through our Facilities Customer Request on line forms. You can click on My Request(s) History to check the progress of your requests.  If you still require further assistance please contact the Customer Service Centre at or by calling (306) 966-4496.

Ensure my office meets university temperature targets?

The University of Saskatchewan has an indoor temperature guideline that indicates temperatures on campus will target 24 degrees C in the spring and summer and 21 degrees C in the fall and winter.

During shoulder seasons (spring & fall) outside temperature fluctuations sometimes make it difficult to regulate our heating and cooling systems on campus.

If your temperature has remained outside the established range for a period of time, submit your concern online:

Report a Problem (this link is also available in our "Forms" section)

Facilities Management will work to determine:

  1. If the temperature is compliant with U of S Indoor Temperature Guideline

  2. If the temperature request requires further investigation.  A Building Service Technician will visit onsite and troubleshoot.

  3. If the area is exempt from U of S Indoor Temperature Guideline which includes research, animal care, technology, and other special operations needs.

We will do our best to respond as promptly as we can.  Priority efforts are directed toward buildings housing animals followed by buildings where research is critical.  We appreciate your patience.

Initiate a request to modernize or renovate my space?

This form is designed to capture the information required by our Zone Project Team to prepare for their first meeting to discuss your request. You will receive an email to confirm that we have received your request and a follow up from a member of our Zone Team.

Complete Initiate a Project

Inquire about an FMD billing

If you have a billing inquiry for work order billings or utility billings, please contact us at:

Phone # for FMD work order billings: 306-966-4463
Phone # for FMD utility billing: 306-966-4587
Fax: 306-966-4080

Please be sure to include the invoice # for all inquiries.

Know when to submit a FMD Customer Request?

A FMD Customer Request is required to initiate any work or service required by our campus customers from FMD that is not an emergency. For all emergent requests, please call the Customer Service Centre @ 966-4496.

Customer Request Forms

Move my office?

To initiate a move request performed by Materials Handling, please complete the form below. Moving is a non-billable service as long as the request can be accommodated within regular business hours (8am - 4:30 pm , Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays). Requests for external customers or on projects will continue to be fee-based. An email notification will confirm we have received your request. Our Materials Handling team will follow up with you to confirm the details of your request and further assist in the planning of your move.

Complete Request Service/ Move Request

Purchase furniture?

FMD Procurement is responsible for furniture purchases on campus. 

You can expect an email notification confirming we have received your request, and follow-up by FMD to confirm your requirements.

For any questions regarding furniture purchases, please contact FMD Procurement by email or at 966-4616 or 966-4636.  


Report a problem?

The Customer Service Centre (CSC) is the primary contact for services provide by the Facilities Management Division (FMD).   CSC is committed to provide quality service by responding quickly and accurately to customer needs.  Questions or requests on FMD services are assessed and addressed in a professional and knowledgeable manner

Submit concern online – FMD Customer Request Forms

Report a Problem

Report emergency building problems (e.g. flooding)?

The Customer Service Centre staff use two-way radios which enables trades staff and building service technicians to provide prompt service to the university community when emergency repairs and maintenance are needed. The system also facilitates the successful and timely transport of personnel and materials to job sites.

Contact the Customer Service Centre
Phone 966-4496
Fax 966-8854
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
After hours
Emergent calls outside of regular business hours should be directed to Protective Services at 966-5555

Request additional custodial services?

Facilities Management will provide additional general cleaning as requested. To initiate a request for additional services like: carpet and furniture cleaning, floor refinishing, special event clean up and/ or washing of cupboards, please complete the form below.   

A minimum of 48 hours is required for caretaking staff to accommodate requests.  Additional time may be required.  An email to confirm your request will be sent from the Customer Service Centre.

Complete Request Service/ Additional Custodial Services

Request a key?

Your department key custodian must complete all key, card, and FOB requests. To find out who your key custodian is, email:

All keys, cards, and FOBs are assigned to an employee or to a department keyboard, and must be returned to Customer Service Centre, Facilities Management, when someone leaves the department. Keys, cards and FOBs assigned to an employee cannot be traded or transferred.

Key custodian is responsible for distribution and will have a record of all keys they have requested and issued.

Request assistance to set up for an event?

To initiate a request for event support, please complete the form below. Event setup and take down is a non-billable service as long as request(s) can be accommodated within regular business hours (8am - 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays). Requests for external customers or on projects will continue to be fee-based.

To view the bookable items and materials we have for events see Materials Handling (Moving) . An email to confirm your request will be sent from the Customer Service Centre. Our Materials Handling team will be in contact with you to finalize your request.

Complete Request Service/ Event Setup/ Requirements

Request building space?

This form documents an expected or impending need for space that cannot be met within the existing college or department allocation. Complete as much of the form below as you can, at a level of detail that you believe will be most helpful to describing the situation and need. The form is designed to capture a very wide range of space requests, so not every field may be relevant to every request. All requests will be reviewed by the Space Planning office and then directed to the Campus Space Committee for final review, endorsement, and comment if warranted.

Complete Request Service/ Request Building Space