Vanessa Heffner (Room Scheduling Office)
1. How long have you worked @ FMD?
Since April 2005
2. What factors made FMD your employer of choice?
It seemed like a good fit for me as I’d done scheduling on campus in another college. When I had the interview, my hunch was confirmed, and the people were going to be great to work with.
3. What do you like most about working at FMD?
The people! I like the diversity of FMD – we do so much here. I also enjoy providing a service to the campus, and feel like I am contributing.
4. What are the three biggest benefits to working @ FMD OR how has your life changed since you began working @ FMD?
People are treated fairly, equitably and with respect. It’s a great way to start the day – saying Hello and Good Morning to co-workers as you make your way to your desk. I love that! A skill that I acquired was definitely getting more of a ‘big picture’ when it came to the campus. I understand how we all fit and work together.
5. If you were to recommend FMD as an employer, what word would you use to best describe FMD’s environment?
“Service with a smile!”